I have written about my desire for a VCDX in the past. I have found something that will assist me with that. I have foudn that I have access to cheap Colo at the UC Super Computer Center. This means that I can set up a proper lab and RDP into it. so my plans are the following
- pick up a Cheap C7000 enclosure and blades
- Install ESX on all of the blades
- build a SAN (or pick up a cheap san)
- build out my lab in that locale
- get mini rack out of my office.
I can do multiple things on this infrastructure. build my SCCM test lab. build a minecraft farm for Oliver to play in and maybe run as a fun project, build my ESX and VSAN lab.
My ideal situation would be to get my lab into a strong enough configuration that I can use it as my VCDX project for presentation.
I will update this post with a rack design and visio when I get the chance.